Friday, May 22, 2009

It's Show us Where You Live Friday!





I've been following this on Kelly's Korner blog & have thoroughly enjoyed touring so many homes...and getting SO many great decorating ideas! On the week they did kitchens I found a great inspiration for the kitchen in our new/old home that we will be renovating soon! I have not yet had a chance to participate in the tour of homes, so I'm finally excited to jump in! Since there are like a gazillion people posting their rooms, I've gathered that it is best to keep the words few & the pictures plentiful...so here is a peek into my dining room. (The walls are actually a Venetian plaster finish, but you can't tell from the pictures...I love the way they feel though!)




This is our favorite place for entertaining, whether just another family or for birthday or holiday parties. The room opens into our formal living room, so I love how easy it is to bring in extra tables to accommodate a crowd!


Thanks SO much for stopping by! 
Happy Memorial Day weekend!

10 comments:

Michele said...

Wow! What a beautiful home! Love the colors! I also have a 2 month old....I love this age!

Tara G. said...

The tea set is so pretty!

TriciaNae said...

beautiful...it looks like it is in a magazine!

Terri said...

Of course I love your home!!! How nice that you get to show it off and let others see your beautiful style. What is funny is that in our Colorado house we painted our kitchen pretty much the same red and our family room was a similar gold!! We did all that painting (18 foot ceilings in the family room) over Thanksgiving... and on December 15th Gil found out about the job that brought us to Charlotte!!! We enjoyed it while we could. So, anyway, I especially love your colors! Blessings my friend!!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You have a beautiful home and an even more beautiful family!

Kristine

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

This is a great space!!! LOVE all the warm colors!

Susan said...

Your DR is huge! I love how open it is.. love the HW floors, the table, the chairs, the ceiling light and the high buffet. Love it all ;)! Thanks for the tour!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Glad you are going to join in on Throw Away Thursdays!!! I think it will be fun too...I can't wait to see everyone's de-cluttering. I have been doing a lot of it lately and still have a long way to go...kind of have to do it when my husband is out of town..haha.

No, I wasn't a flylady, but recently checked out her website because a friend had told me about it, and it was very inspiring...that is what kicked all of this off.

Thanks for your message on the blog! Have a great weekend.

Kristine

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you participated in this!! Your home is beautiful and you have so many wonderful ideas to share!

I too love getting to peek into other bloggers home! It's so much fun!!!

Tracy said...

GORGEOUS home!!!!